The Julian Samora Research Institute (JSRI) is proud to provide an opportunity for current graduate students to apply for the P. Lea Martinez Scholarship Fund for academic year 2018-2019. The scholarship, named in honor of P. Lea Martinez, provides a $2,000 scholarship to support one graduate student conducting research on health issues among Latino/as. The JSRI Scholarship Committee will review applications and make recommendations. One recipient will be announced in April, 2019.
Applicants must be current MSU graduate students and must be attending MSU fall 2019 and spring 2020. They must demonstrate excellent academic standing, and provide evidence of interest in research on health issues among Latina/os. For the 2019-20 academic year, a $1,000 credit will appear both fall and spring semesters.
Applicants must submit the following materials by Friday, February 15, 2019.
1. Cover letter with personal statement describing accomplishments, research/educational interests, and student goals.
2. Latest official transcript from MSU.
3. Resume which includes current local address and phone number.
4. One letter of recommendation from a professor or advisor.
The JSRI Scholarship committee will nominate one award for a graduate student.
Submissions must be received at JSRI by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019.
Direct all letters and application packet to:
JSRI Scholarship Committee
Julian Samora Research Institute
Michigan State University
Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center
219 S. Harrison Rd., Room 51
East Lansing, MI 48824
Questions? Contact Alyssa Bedaine at:
(517) 432-7186 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org