JSRI Endowment Scholarships for 2021-22
The Julian Samora Research Institute (JSRI) is proud to provide the opportunity for current MSU students to apply for the Julian Samora Endowed Scholarship for academic year 2020-2021. The scholarships, named in honor of Dr. Julian Samora, support two students, (one Graduate and one Undergraduate) engaged in scholarly activities focused on Latino/as in Midwestern communities. Applications will be reviewed and recommended by the JSRI Scholarship Committee. One recipient from each category will be announced April 2019.
Applicants must be current MSU students and must be attending MSU Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. They must demonstrate excellent academic standing, and provide evidence of interest in research on Chicano/Latino communities. For the 2020-21 academic year, a $1,000 credit will appear both fall and spring semesters.
Applicants must submit the following materials by Friday, February 5, 2021.
- Cover letter with personal statement describing accomplishments, research/educational interests, and student goals.
- Latest official trascript at MSU.
- Resume which includes current local address and phone number.
- One letter of recommendation from a Professor or advisor.
The awards committee will nominate two scholarships: one award for an undergraduate student, and one award for a graduate student.
Submissions must be receieved at JSRI by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 5, 2021 by either digital or hard copy.
Direct all letters and application packet to:
- JSRI Scholarship Committee
- Julian Samora Research Institute
- Michigan State University
- Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center
- 219 S. Harrison Rd., Rm 51
- East Lansing, MI 48824
For a printable overview of this information, click here.
For more information, please contact David Figueroa Martin at (517) 432-1317 or e-mail email@example.com