Diversity Assessment and Engagement Program
The Diversity Assessment and Engagement Program (DAEP) offers certification in diversity leadership to mid- and senior-level leaders in public, private, and non-profit organizations interested in building culturally competent, diverse organizations. The ten month program consists of ten, 3-hour, face-to-face, monthly modules in which participants gain knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Self-awareness of personal values, perspectives, and behaviors that shape interactions with persons from cultures other than one’s own;
- Understanding of cultural differences between one's culture and those of others;
- Diversity issues in contemporary organizations and approaches for addressing the challenges faced in becoming diversity-competent;
- Personal efficacy in leading and developing multicultural workplaces and providing services in diverse environments; and
- Sustainable practices in building inclusive organizations and engaging diverse populations.
The program is limited to 20 participants per cohort.
Rubén Martinez, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology and Director of the Julian Samora Research Institute
Dr. Martinez is a specialist in public administration, political sociology, intergroup relations and diversity leadership. As a former senior administrator he has expertise and extensive experience in designing and leading diversity leadership programs for developing and enhancing multicultural knowledge and skills among individuals, and transforming monocutural organizations into diverse-competent organizations.
Applicants must complete and submit the application form available at: jsri.msu.edu.
Costs: $2,500 per participant.
For more information please contact:
David Figueroa Martin at email@example.com or by telephone, 517-432-1317.